- What are the dates of the Winterville Watermelon Festival? August 23-25, 2018
- What are the hours?
Thursday 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Do all concerts require tickets? No - All Concerts this year are FREE!
- How early should I line up to get a good seat for the Saturday Concert? Gates open at 5:00pm. Please plan accordingly
- Can I bring my cooler, skateboard or dog to the festival area or any of the concerts? There are several items not allowed in the Festival areas for the safety and
enjoyment of those attending the concerts. The Winterville Watermelon Festival Committee, Inc. reserves
the right to alter or change this policy at any time. Any guest violating any policy of the Winterville
Watermelon Festival may, and can be, removed from the concert and festival areas. Currently the items NOT
allowed into the festival areas include, but are not limited to:
Outside food or drink – must be purchased inside concert area
Video Equipment & Recording Devices
Drugs and contraband
Skateboards, Bikes, or Skates
Kites or Frisbees
- If it rains, can I bring my umbrella into the concert area? No. Please bring a poncho or appropriate rain gear
- Is there handicap seating at the concerts? Yes, a limited amount of handicap seating is available on a first come
first serve basis at the Saturday concert. While we try to accommodate all guests, please remember the concert area is outdoors and grassy.
- Is there handicap parking? Yes. A limited amount of handicap parking is available beside A.G. Cox School off Sylvania Street.
It is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Can I smoke at the concert? No.
- Can I get autographs from all of the entertainers? While the Festival encourages all performers to sign autographs, each entertainer
has their own policies. The Festival cannot guarantee a performer’s availability and willingness to sign autographs.
- Will there be food and drinks for sale? Yes, food and drink vendors are on site.
- How can I be considered to entertain at the Winterville Watermelon Festival? To be considered for 2018 look under the contact page for the entertainment chairman and email a promotional packet with pricing. Or you may mail it to: P.O. Box 805, Winterville, NC 28590
- I will be traveling from outside the area. What accommodations do you have? Holiday Inn Greenville is the official hotel of the Winterville Watermelon Festival.
Visit their website at Holiday Inn - Greenville. For all other available hotels visit the website www.visitgreenvillenc.com
- Where can I park my car for the Festival? Limited paid parking is available near the Festival site. Other sites are available
throughout the town. The A. G. Cox School Athletic Department will be parking cars on their athletic complex for a small donation. The complex is
the closest parking and adjacent to the concert area. They do allow tailgating at their locations. Please view our parking information page for
- Is there a shuttle service? No
- How can I be a Food Vendor? Space for food vendors is limited. Vendors are selected on specific criteria including variety,
price and experience. You may download an application from the website (look under contacts) or call 252-756-3899.
- How can I be an Arts/Crafts and Commercial Vendor? You may download an application from our website or call 252-756-5738.
- What does it cost to ride the amusement rides? Ride tickets cost $1.00 each and it takes 3-4 tickets to ride children rides and 4-5 tickets
to ride adult rides. Thursday, August 23 is Wristband Night. You may purchase a wristband for $20.00 and ride until closing for one price.
Wristbands are only available and good for Thursday to the general public.
- Are there other items to know about the festival? Please be sure to visit the concert information page for information regarding the concert regulations